On the Day of Your Online Remote Exam
- Watch the candidate experience video so that you are familiar with the online proctoring process.
- The proctor will check to make sure your webcam and microphone are working properly, and that screen sharing has been activated. You will be asked to share your screen for all connected equipment.
- The proctor will ask you to slowly move the webcam around the room to verify that you are alone and that your desk is clear of restricted items. A proctor will continuously monitor both the test taker and the testing environment.
- If you need assistance during your exam, you should initiate a chat with the online test administrator using the in-exam chat tool.
- No conversing or any other form of communication is permitted once your exam has been released.
- You are prohibited from reproducing, communicating or transmitting any test content in any form for any purpose. Copying or communicating content is a violation of PSI security policy. Either one may result in the disqualification of examination results and will be reported to ABPANC.
- No other people (guests, visitors, family members) or pets are allowed in the testing room.
- The workspace must be cleared of all materials, including books, papers, dictionaries, other reference materials or personal items. No scratch paper is allowed.
- No electronic devices (other than the computer being used to test) are allowed in the room. This includes cell/smartphones, signaling devices such as pagers and alarms, cameras or other photographic or duplicating devices, personal digital assistants (PDAs), recording devices or other hand-held computers, tablets and digital music players (e.g., iPod/iPad).
- Your launch button will be enabled when your exam is fully prepared for delivery.
- You may not exit the camera view or use a cell phone or other electronic devices during the examination.
- Your hands must be visible to the camera at all times. Talking or mouthing words while testing is prohibited. You may not cover your face or mouth with your hands.
- PSI requires all employees and exam takers to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner at all times. Exhibiting abusive behavior towards a proctor via chat or other candidates will be reported to ABPANC.
- The computer screen, questions, and browser are monitored by the proctor throughout the exam process.
- If testing has to be shut down for technical reasons related to the inability to use your computer or the WiFi, you will be required to reschedule at a PSI Test Center.
- Any questionable behavior will be reviewed on the webcam, chat logs and audio from time of authentication through submission of the examination.
- One form of current ID is required and must be presented to the proctor before the exam starts. Identification presented must be current or unexpired and contain a signature and a photo. The first and last name must match the candidate’s registration name exactly. Candidates will not be allowed to test without proper ID. Acceptable forms of ID are: Driver’s License, State/Providence ID card; U.S. Visa; or international passport. Military IDs are not accepted for identification for online remote proctored exams.
- The proctor will ask you to show your photo ID. Hold it up to the webcam to verify your identity.
Please refer to the Certification Candidate Handbook for complete information on eligibility, remote exam policies and other requirements for taking the CPAN or CAPA certification exams.