Promote your nurses’ prestigious professional achievement – becoming a certified perianesthesia nurse! Since your nurses have reached expert status by becoming certified, be sure to inform your colleagues and community.
Here are some ways that you can recognize the CPAN and CAPA nurses at your facility:
- Issue a press release to local news outlets (newspapers, radio, television)
- Create a nursing honor roll of board-certified nurses. Post in your facility and other public venues.
- Place display ads in newspapers or community newsletters featuring the nursing honor roll.
- Send a letter of appreciation to each certified nurse in your facility or department.
- Invite certified nurses to lead a certification drive within your facility.
- Sponsor a banquet, tea, or luncheon for certified nurses only.
- Offer gifts, gift certificates, or special bonuses to certified nurses only.
- Provide ribbons and buttons to all certified nurses.
- Post a story about a certified nurse on your social media sites.
Do you have a unique way of recognizing your certified nurses that you can share with ABPANC? Email your ideas or photos of your certified nurses to ABPANC@cpancapa.org.