Nursing Education Grant
ABPANC believes in supporting certified perianesthesia nurses pursuing activities that strengthen their clinical practice by furthering their education.
ABPANC will annually award two (2) one-time grants offered at $5,000.00 each to support a certified perianesthesia nurse (CPAN and/or CAPA) who is furthering their education.
- Eligible Expenditures: Each award will be granted to students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate studies in a perianesthesia-related field and must be used within 12 months of the grant award.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be a CPAN and/or CAPA certified nurse actively enrolled in the supported educational opportunity at the time of the application and grant award.
Recipients for grant awards will be recognized during the CPAN/CAPA Celebration Luncheon at the ASPAN National Conference.
- Applications will be submitted through the ABPANC website, and will include:
- Complete contact information for grant applicant
- Attestation that photos and/or articles submitted for the after-activity report may be shared on our website, social media, and in our email communications.
- Signed verification from the nurse manager or other leader that the applicant is:
- CPAN or CAPA certified nurse in good-standing.
- Enrolled in the noted educational program described in the application.
- Receives no or limited monetary support for the activity educational program from their employer.
- Signed letter from Dean/Program Chair verifying enrollment in education program.
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Applicants will answer the following questions to complete their application:
- Describe why you are seeking this competitive grant and explain in detail how the funding will be used to enhance your medical mission or education experience.
- How will this funding support or enhance the way you care for your patients or do your job?
- If you receive this funding support, how will you share your experiences with your nursing colleagues?
- What makes you an outstanding candidate for one of ABPANC’s competitive grant awards?
Required After Activity Reporting:
- Within three months of the project completion, recipients must:
- Complete a post-activity survey
- Submit evidence of the project completion:
- Transcript for education
- Submit an article for our e-newsletter and/or website