ABPANC offers four distinguished awards, with a brief description of each listed below. Click on the award links to learn more about the eligibility criteria and application process.
ABPANC Advocacy Award — This award recognizes a CPAN® and/or CAPA® certified nurse who exemplifies leadership as a patient advocate. Click to view the stories of previous Advocacy Award winners.
ABPANC President’s Award — New for 2019, this award is given at the discretion of the ABPANC Board President, presented to a CAPA or CPAN nurse who demonstrates extraordinary commitment and passion to perianesthesia nursing certification.
ABPANC Shining Star Award — This award publicly recognizes ASPAN Components for supporting and encouraging CPAN and CAPA certification at the local level.
Application Form – ABPANC Certification Achievement Award — This prestigious award recognizes departments that have achieved a level of certification with at least 75% or 100% of eligible perianesthesia nurses having earned the CPAN and/or CAPA certification.
Congratulations to Our 2020 ABPANC Certification Achievement Award Recipients!
Departments with 100% CPAN/CAPA Certification
- UPMC Hamot – PACU, Erie, PA
Departments with 75% CPAN/CAPA Certification
- Oak Hill Hospital – PACU, Brooksville, FL
- Clifton Springs Hospital and Clinic – Day Surgery/PACU, Clifton Springs, NY
- Lowell General Hospital Surgery Center – PACU, Chelmsford, MA
- Newark Wayne Community Hospital – Same Day Surgery Center, Newark, NY
- Colquitt Regional Medical Center – PACU, Moultrie, GA
- Hunterdon Healthcare – PACU, Flemington, NJ
- Northwell Health at Huntington Hospital – PACU, Huntington, NY