Rest Assured with Test Assured
You’ve done your studying. You’ve taken the practice exams. You’ve answered the weekly study questions on Facebook or the ABPANC website. You are finally ready to take your CPAN or CAPA exam. And to put you on the path to success, ABPANC is now offering a new Test Assured program.
The Test Assured program allows CPAN or CAPA candidates to take the exam twice in a 12-month period if the first attempt is unsuccessful. Now, you have the ability to take the exam a second time—if your first attempt is not successful–for a nominal fee of an additional $50.00 at time of registration.
Over the years, perianesthesia nurses have told us that the best preparation for taking and passing the CAPA or CPAN exam is actually taking the exam. Because you’ve asked for it, we put together this program to provide you with peace of mind. It’s an extra incentive to take that final step in registering for the exam.
Most candidates pass the exam on their first attempt. That’s good news for you. But for some, the first time may make you a bit anxious and a little less prepared than you would like. In the event the first exam is not successful for you, you now have the ability to take the exam again – with the comfort of knowing how the exam is structured and what areas you may need to focus on. And doing this saves you hundreds of dollars!
ABPANC Test Assured Program Terms & Conditions
The CPAN/CAPA Test Assured program allows a CPAN/CAPA-eligible nurse to take the exam a second time for no additional fee, in the event that the first attempt is not successful.
Fees and Payments
The cost of the Test Assured program is $50.00 in addition to the regular registration fee. The total fees are as follows:
ASPAN Member Fee: $350.00 + $50.00 = $400.00*
Regular Registration Fee: $424.00 + $50.00 = $474.00*
Organizational Vouchers: $400.00*/each (includes Test Assured)
Participation in the Test Assured program is non-transferable. Candidates choosing the Test Assured option forfeit their eligibility to receive a partial refund of their examination fee.
*If you do not pass the exam on your first attempt, your second examination registration fee is waived.
Guidelines and Restrictions
- The ABPANC Test Assured program may only be used for initial certification and may not be used for recertification.
- If a candidate does not pass the exam on his/her first attempt, the second examination registration fee is waived.
- If the candidate’s first exam attempt is unsuccessful, the candidate must re-take the exam within one of the two subsequent exam windows.
- Participants must purchase the Test Assured option separately for the CPAN and CAPA exam. For example: If a candidate purchases Test Assured to take the CPAN exam and passes on the first attempt, the candidate may not use the Test Assured option to then take the CAPA exam, or vice versa.
- Participants who pass the CPAN/CAPA exam on the first attempt will not receive another attempt and the program cost is non-refundable.
- Pricing and availability of the Test Assured program is subject to change at any time.
- Candidates paying with an organizational voucher will automatically be enrolled in Test Assured and are subject to the same guidelines and restrictions.
- Candidates who receive an ABPANC scholarship will automatically be enrolled in Test Assured and are subject to the same guidelines and restrictions.
- Participation in the Test Assured program is non-transferable and program fees are non-refundable.
- Individuals purchasing Test Assured are not eligible for a partial refund.
- Individuals may not sit for the same exam twice within the same administration window.
- Note: Participants may continue to sit for the CPAN and CAPA examinations within the same window.
- Once the Test Assured option is purchased, candidates may use it ONLY after they have taken the exam and failed the exam on their first attempt. Test Assured may NOT be used for any other purpose, including:
- Failure to schedule, cancel, or reschedule your exam appointment
- Being unable to test on your scheduled exam date/time
- Missing your exam appointment
- Individuals who participate in the Test Assured program may be eligible for a rollover to a subsequent exam, as outlined below:
- Individuals who participate in the Test Assured program may be granted a rollover in the event of a personal or family emergency. The candidate must notify ABPANC immediately and submit the required documentation, as outlined in the candidate handbook under medical/personal emergencies.
- When all paperwork is submitted according to policy, the candidate will be eligible for a rollover. Granting the rollover will be at the sole discretion of ABPANC leadership.
- Only one rollover may be provided to Test Assured exam candidates.
- Test Assured candidates approved for a rollover will be required to re-submit their exam application and pay the $100.00 rollover fee at the time of their test.
- Per the candidate handbook: Requests for rollovers made after the end of the exam administration window will not be honored unless the request is due to an emergency and proper documentation is provided.
Test Assured Program FAQs
Q: Who is eligible to participate in the Test assured Program?
A: Perianesthesia nurses who meet the requirements to sit for either a CAPA or CPAN exam at the time of application may participate in the program. The Test Assured option is not available for individuals who choose to recertify by exam.
Q: I would like to take both the CPAN and CAPA exams. May I participate in Test Assured?
A: You may purchase the Test Assured option separately for both the CPAN and CAPA exams. The Test Assured option is not transferable between exams; CPAN may only be used for CPAN, and CAPA for CAPA.
Q: How do I apply for Test Assured?
A: The Test Assured option is available as part of the CPAN or CAPA exam application in your Learning Builder account. Once you log in to Learning Builder, click “Apply for examination” and begin completing your application. When presented with the question “Do you wish to enroll in Test Assured?” simply choose “YES” from the dropdown menu.
Q: What if I do not pass the exam on my first attempt?
A: If you do not pass the exam on your first attempt, your second examination registration fee is waived. You have two additional exam administration windows to re-take the exam. When you log in to register for your second exam attempt, you will be prompted to confirm your information, but will not have to pay an additional fee.
Q: What happens if I pass the exam on my first attempt?
A: If you pass the exam on the first attempt, congratulations, you are certified! You will not be able to take the exam a second time for any reason. The $50.00 program cost is non-refundable.
Q: What is the cost for the Test Assured Program?
A: The cost of the Test Assured Program is $50.00 in addition to the regular registration fee.
Q: Can I use Test Assured for recertification?
A: The Test Assured Program is only available for initial certification.
Q: Can I take my second attempt of the exam more than two exam administrations after my first unsuccessful attempt?
A: You must take the exam within two administrations of your first attempt. Please see the Restrictions section above regarding situations which may qualify for an emergency rollover.
Q: If my first exam attempt is unsuccessful, may I re-take the exam in the same examination window?
A: You may not sit for the exam twice within the same examination window.
Q: Can my hospital purchase vouchers to participate in the Test Assured program?
A: Yes! All organizational vouchers will now include the Test Assured option.