Eligibility Requirements for Recertification
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the United State or any of its territories
- A minimum of 900 hours of perianesthesia nursing practice during your three-year period of certification. Nurses working as direct care givers, managers, teachers or researchers in the perianesthesia specialty, are eligible for recertification*.
- Successful completion of either the CPAN® or CAPA® examination (whichever credential you currently hold) OR attain 90 contact hours of continuing education as defined in the Recertification Handbook.
* This requirement of direct, hands-on care of patients does not apply to those seeking recertification if working as a manager, educator or researcher in the perianesthesia environment.
Audit of Recertification Applications
- ABPANC reserves the right to audit any or all applications and supporting documentation for recertification.
- ABPANC randomly audits a certain percentage of certified nurses seeking recertification.
- If you have been selected for Audit, you will be notified when you submit your application.
- Submission of an application indicates your agreement to comply with the terms of the audit process.
- Documentation requested during the audit process that is not submitted or is unacceptable will result in denial of recertification.
- Please follow the instructions listed in the Recertification Handbook describing the process for submitting an online application.