Apply to Join the ABPANC Board of Directors
ABPANC is actively seeking applications from dedicated and passionate CPAN and CAPA perianesthesia nurses to join its Board of Directors, with open positions available to be filled by August 2021. As an ABPANC Volunteer, you have the unique opportunity at the national level to contribute to the development of the CPAN® and CAPA® certification programs that recognize and promote excellence in perianesthesia nursing practice and, most importantly, are in the best interest of perianesthesia patients and their families.
Further, you have an opportunity to:
- give back to a profession that you have built a career on;
- ensure the quality of care delivered and make a positive difference in patient outcomes;
- influence national standards and practice;
- advocate for perianesthesia patients and their loved ones on a national level
- grow professionally in areas you are not exposed to every day;
- network nationally with colleagues beyond the walls of your own workplace;
- be recognized as a national leader within your profession; and
- collaborate with other national professional organizations and their leaders.
Applicants must express a commitment specialty nursing certification and view it as a means for public protection. As a board member you demonstrate that you are committed to professional certification as a means of validating the knowledge, skills and abilities required to practice perianesthesia nursing in order to promote quality patient care.
For information on the application process, read the Nominations and Elections Handbook. The timeline for the August 2021 Board applications is as follows:
- Submit Application packet by May 15
- Preliminary Zoom Interviews conducted by June 30
- Determine/invite finalists to August Board Interview by July 15
- Finalists participate in final interview during August Board meeting on Saturday, August 7
- Elected board members begin service immediately thereafter
If you have any questions, please contact Krista Bower, ABPANC CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.