Registering for an Examination Online
Please refer to Examination Registration and Administration Dates and Deadlines. Once the Registration Window opens, you may click the link below to register online. Before you register online, you must read the CPAN® & CAPA® Certification Candidate Handbook thoroughly.
In addition, when applying online you will need to have the following information available:
- ASPAN membership number if you wish to receive the ASPAN member fee discount
- RN license number and expiration date
- Name, credential(s), title, name of unit, name of institution, street address, city, state, zip code, day time phone number and email for two individuals who can verify your eligibility requirements.
- Credit Card Information
Please note: Registering for an examination by mail using a paper/scannable application is not an option for candidates. Candidates are required to apply online. To register online, you must have an email address where information can be sent and you have printing capability. If you do not already have an email address, you can obtain a free email address through Internet sites such as gmail.com, yahoo.com, hotmail.com, etc. No computer? If you do not have your own computer, you might ask to use a work computer, a relative’s computer, a friend’s computer, or go to an Internet café or public library.
Many candidates start an application, but do not finish it. Below are some tips to help you avoid this problem.
- Once you create an application, do not go back into the system later to create another one. You can go into the same application and complete it.
- When your application is complete, you will receive a confirmation email and an Authorization to Test (ATT) letter. If you have not received these items, your application is not complete in the system. If this is the case, contact email@example.com or call 800-6ABPANC and press option 1 for assistance.
- If you decide you are not ready to take the examination, or need more study time, use the same account/application when you are ready to schedule your examination date.
- Make sure you keep a copy of your user name and password in a safe place.